LEAP: Lifestyle, Eating, And Performance. The LEAP diet is called an ImmunoCalm Nutrition Program and with it, a specially trained Registered Dietitian (Courtney) can help you to reduce or eliminate symptoms due to food or chemical sensitivities, have a healthier lifestyle, well-balanced nutrition, and optimum performance.
Play the video below and learn more about testing!
Food Sensitivity Testing
As a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist Courtney combines her traditional medical background with a holistic approach, using real food, to help heal the whole person. As a Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) she is trained to help clients suffering from non-IgE food sensitivities, often seen in hard to treat symptoms and chronic inflammatory conditions. The MRT testing & LEAP protocol also have great success with arthritis/joint pain, acne, fatigue/energy issues, and challenging weight loss.
Using the LEAP Mediator Release Test (MRT) (which tests 130 food and 20 chemicals/additives), Courtney will create an individualized anti-inflammatory diet to eliminate reactive items and help resolve food sensitivity issues. Even healthy foods can provoke symptoms in sensitive individuals. Though it is an elimination diet, you don’t have to start out removing everything! You will start eating your lowest reactive foods (based on your testing results), and gradually add foods back in with the guidance of your CLT!
Why it works? Because what works for one person isn’t right for everyone! This anti-inflammatory nutrition plan/elimination diet is made for you using your non-reactive/lowest reactive foods. Gradually you add foods back in to monitor your response…all with the help of your CLT guiding you and making sure your plan fits into your lifestyle (while assuring you get the best results possible)! If you want to know why I prefer to use LEAP MRT in my practice, read this.
Conditions in which food sensitivities may play a role include, but are not limited to:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Celiac Disease & Gluten Sensitivity
- Migraines and Sinus Headaches
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Interstitial Cystitis
The LEAP program helps to identify food sensitivities through the patented blood test called MRT (Mediator Release Test) that accounts for both Type 3 and Type 4 pathways. MRT also helps to identify reactions to food chemicals. This translates into faster and more complete relief for those who test with MRT. Independent studies confirm that MRT is the most accurate and comprehensive blood test available for food and food chemical reactions.
What is the MRT?
MRT stands for Mediator Release Test. MRT is a blood test that checks your immune system response (or non-response) to 150 foods and chemicals. MRT is a functional live cell analysis that identifies foods and chemicals which provoke the release of mediators that cause pain and inflammation. The results of the blood test are used to create an individualized healthy eating plan (the LEAP diet) for significantly reducing or eliminating symptoms. Courtney then works with you, teaching you how to eat using the LEAP protocol, and figuring out any potential allergies or intolerances that may also be present.
Here is an example of what your typical MRT results will look like:
A blinded peer reviewed scientific study showed MRT to have the highest level of accuracy of any food sensitivity blood test: 94.5% sensitivity and 91.8% specificity.
Once I start the LEAP diet, how long will it take before I notice results?
Most patients see a noticeable difference within the first one to two weeks on the program. However, in some cases it can take as long as four to six weeks. Your particular response may vary depending on certain factors:
- How closely you follow your LEAP ImmunoCalm Nutrition Plan. If you follow it by the letter, you will have the greatest chance of success in the shortest time frame possible. If you follow it loosely or carelessly, your results will be compromised to the extent of your neglect. Out of all the factors, your compliance has the highest bearing on the benefits you will experience.
- How long-standing your condition has been. Sometimes it takes a bit more time to reverse the damage caused by years of sensitivity reactions, improper eating and/or inadequate nutrition. The vast majority of our patients experience great results within two weeks to one month of following their program closely. Many of my clients have felt better just after a few days!
- The degree to which food sensitivity plays a role in your condition. Some of our patients come to us and experience total symptom relief from their condition as long as they stay on their plan. Others will experience a decrease in symptoms but not complete remission. This is because food sensitivity can either be the direct cause OR a contributing factor to your health problem.
Nutrition Assessment for the Testing:
If you are interested in learning more about the MRT Food Sensitivity Testing, you can schedule an initial consultation with Courtney, or, you can head over to the virtual learning webinar library. There you will be able to bypass the initial education/consultation session and learn the steps you can take to jump right into the MRT food sensitivity testing, when the time works best for you!